LAHIDAN Student FNCE® Scholarship
Application Deadline: AUGUST 15, 2022
Purpose: To enable TWO (2) LAHIDAN undergraduate/graduate student members in the field of Dietetics/Nutrition or a Dietetic Intern to attend the VIRTUAL Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ (FNCE®). The goal of the scholarship is to foster the mentoring of future nutrition leaders.
Award: Each scholarship recipient will receive $800 USD to cover registration, travel, and lodging expenses to attend FNCE® and will be recognized at the LAHIDAN member networking event held during the dates of FNCE®. Each award recipient is required to submit an article for the LAHIDAN newsletter in collaboration with the editor, within 30 days after attending FNCE®. Payment by check will be mailed to the recipient upon receipt of their newsletter article.
Eligibility: All active LAHIDAN student members are eligible. Current members of the Nominating/Awards Committee and the LAHIDAN Executive Committee are not eligible for the award.Selection Criteria: The Nominating Committee will select the best candidate based on the following:
- The application is typed and submitted electronically by August 15, 2022
- The applicant must be able to attend FNCE® in-person and assist in any LAHIDAN events, as specified by a LAHIDAN Executive Committee member, for up to 1 hour of volunteer time. FNCE® will be held in person on October 8th – 11th, 2022 in Orlando, FL.
- The applicant provides verification of college/internship attendance (by having their program director sign their application form) and current or last GPA (in the case of those enrolled in an internship).
- The applicant provides his/her resume.
- The applicant provides a personal statement (max. 2 pages, double spaced) which:
Please download the attached application for further details. Apply now!
- Describes his/her career goals
- Specifies how the attendance to FNCE® will assist in developing these goals
- Describes his/her interest in the field of Nutrition
- Specifies ability and willingness to volunteer 1 hour during FNCE