NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Contest begins on July 18, 2022 and ends on August 22, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. Central.
Recipe Contest Details
- Wonderful® Pistachios
- No other nuts/seeds (besides Wonderful® Pistachios)
- Minimum product inclusion: ½ cup of Wonderful® Pistachios total in recipe
- The only brand name that may be included in the recipe is Wonderful® Pistachios
- Your original recipe must include Wonderful® Pistachios and be featured as a main ingredient rather than just a topping.
- Recipe specifications
- Name of your recipe
- Include U.S. measurements for ingredients (ie. cup, teaspoon, Tablespoon)
- List any special equipment needs (ie. food processor, pressure cooker, air fryer, blender)
- Preparation directions and timing
- The preparation time must not exceed 30 minutes (not including marinating or cooking time).
- Serving size and total number of servings
- Any notable tips
- Photograph of final recipe
- Can utilize smartphone for photograph, does not need to be professional photograph
- Photograph of the final recipe must include Wonderful Pistachios, with the shells removed
- Choose only the greenest pistachios for the photograph.
Recipe Contest Submission
- Completed Recipe Contest Submission form must be received by August 22, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Recipe must be uploaded in Word Document or Pages (using the UPLOAD function within the submission form).
- Recipe must be also uploaded in PDF version (using the UPLOAD function within the submission form).
- Recipe file names should use the following format: Last Name – Recipe Name.doc.
- Recipes not meeting the contest criteria will be disqualified.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics/LAHIDAN and The Wonderful Company assume no responsibility for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete entries.
- Enter as often as you like, but each entry is limited to one (1) recipe and must be submitted separately.
Official Entry Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt. Entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of LAHIDAN and The Wonderful Company, which will be final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. All entries must be received via designated Recipe Contest Submission form [see link below] by August 12, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
Entrants must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older and who are current members of the Latinos and Hispanics in Dietetics and Nutrition (LAHIDAN) member interest group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Employees, officers and directors of The Wonderful Company, and their parent and affiliate companies, subsidiaries, partners and advertising agencies (collectively, the “Released Entities”), and each of their respective immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/ directors are not eligible to enter.
All entries, including handouts and any photographs, shall be the property of Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics/LAHIDAN and The Wonderful Company and will not be returned. Submission of entry grants Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics/LAHIDAN and The Wonderful Company and each of their affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation as regards duration, frequency or territory, and without consideration (i.e. payment of a fee) to the entrant. Submission of an entry further constitutes the entrant’s irrevocable waiver of any moral rights and assignment and transfer to Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics/LAHIDAN and The Wonderful Company of any and all rights, title, and interest in and to the entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights and other intellectual property rights. Entries must be the original work of the entrant, may not have won previous awards, may not have been published previously, must not infringe third party rights, and must be suitable for publication (i.e., not obscene, illegal, inappropriate, inconsistent with the values of Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics/LAHIDAN and The Wonderful Company or indecent). Winners and entrants waive all rights and remedies at law or in equity for any claim they may have relating to this promotion.
Two (2) Finalist Recipes will be selected by a judging panel, appointed at the sole discretion of LAHIDAN and The Wonderful Company, based on the following criteria: based on the following criteria: versatility, innovative use of pistachios and adherence to entry criteria. Finalist Recipes will also be judged based on taste/texture; availability of ingredients; ease of preparation; appearance; appeal to the general public. Decisions of the judges regarding all aspects of the Contest and its administration are final.
- Prizes: Two (2) winners (1st Place, 2nd Place) will be selected, subject to satisfaction of the eligibility requirements and will receive the following:
- 1st Place - a $300 cash prize (via check), box of Wonderful® Pistachios, and a snack pack. Recipe Feature in LAHIDAN member communications (e.g. website, newsletter, e-blast, social media) and the potential for a feature on The Wonderful Company website and social media if approved
- 2nd Place - a $200 cash prize (via check), box of Wonderful® Pistachios, and a snack pack
- The winners will be notified on or about August 19, 2022 via email and prizes will be awarded on or about August 22, 2022. All prizes will be awarded according to these rules. All taxes relating to the prizes will be the responsibility of the winners. Prizes are non-transferable. Any expenses that may be associated with receipt or use of prize that are not specifically listed herein are the responsibility of winners. TOTAL APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES TO BE AWARDED IN THIS CONTEST IS $550 USD. Limit one (1) prize per person for the entire contest.
Finalists/winners will be notified by email. If applicable, winners must provide an accurate postal mailing address so prize can be mailed to the recipient. Winners must provide positive identification specified by LAHIDAN (completed W9 form) to claim their prize. Winners will be required to complete and return this document within 10 days of notification, or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If any winner cannot be contacted within five calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner fails to return his/her winner documents within the time set forth above or otherwise rejects his/her prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, winner will forfeit such prize and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries, time permitting. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Potential winners must continue to comply with these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Participation in Contest and acceptance of a prize constitutes the winners’ agreement to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics/LAHIDAN and Released Entities from and against any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest related activity and for any claims based on copyright, trademark, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery, including Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics/LAHIDAN and The Wonderful Company’s reliance upon their compliance with these rules, and their agreement that Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics/LAHIDAN and The Wonderful Company may use his or her name, voice, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, statements and/or biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media without additional compensation or restriction as to the frequency, territory or duration of such use, in any media, worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics/LAHIDAN and Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, network or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost, interrupted or unavailable network connections, Website, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest. Contest sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, winner(s) will be selected from all eligible participants prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics/LAHIDAN and Released Entities are not responsible for any typographical, display, input, or other error in any Contest materials, or for any errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, or in the announcement of prizes, including such error that may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In no event will a greater number of prizes than stated in these Official Rules be awarded.
Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the entrant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics/LAHIDAN and Released Entities in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Illinois, USA without regard to Illinois’ choice of law rules. All entrants irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Illinois over them for such purposes. This contest is void where prohibited.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE ACADEMY OF NUTRITION AND DIETETICS/LAHIDAN AND RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY CONTEST WEBSITE AND/OR THE CONTEST, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT
Recipe Contest Submission FORM
DEADLINE: August 22, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CT