LAHIDAN Student FNCE® Scholarship
Application Deadline: August 15, 2022
Purpose: To enable TWO LAHIDAN undergraduate/graduate student member in the field of Dietetics/Nutrition or a Dietetic Intern to attend the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ (FNCE®). The goal of the scholarship is to foster the mentoring of future nutrition leaders.
Award: The scholarship recipient will receive $800 USD and will be recognized at the LAHIDAN member reception held at FNCE®. Each award recipient is required to submit an article for the LAHIDAN newsletter in collaboration with the editor, within 30 days after attending FNCE®. Payment by check will be mailed to the recipient upon receipt of their newsletter article.
Eligibility: All active LAHIDAN student members are eligible. Current members of the Nominating/Awards Committee and the LAHIDAN Executive Committee are not eligible for the award.
Selection Criteria: The Nominating Committee will select the best candidate based on the following:
- The application is typed and submitted electronically by August 15, 2022
- The applicant must be able to travel to FNCE® and assist in any LAHIDAN function, as specified by a LAHIDAN Executive Committee member, up to 4-6 hours of volunteer time. FNCE® will be held in person on October 8th-11th, 2022 in Orlando, FL.
- The applicant provides a verification of college/internship attendance (by having their program director sign their application form) and current or last GPA (in the case of those enrolled in an internship).
- The applicant provides his/her resume.
- The applicant provides a personal statement (max. 2 pages, double spaced) which:
- Describes his/her career goals
- Specifies how the attendance to FNCE® will assist in developing these goals
- Describes his/her interest in the field of Nutrition
- Specifies ability and willingness to volunteer 4-6 hours during FNCE®
Application Process and Entry Deadline: Application for the LAHIDAN FNCE® student scholarship must be submitted electronically to Nominating Chair at LAHIDAN@eatright.org by August 15, 2022
Visit the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy) website for online dietetic career resources.
LAHIDAN Mentoring Program
The LAHIDAN Mentoring Program is designed to help students and new nutrition professionals grow and develop professional qualities to help them succeed in their career. Mentoring includes topics such as: career guidance, support on how to enhance eligibility into Dietetic Internship programs, time management, networking, job search, and sharing the mentor’s own experiences. Mentoring is a great way for nutrition professionals to give back to the profession, and it provides an excellent opportunity to learn more about the profession from a LAHIDAN member’s perspective.